Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Acceptance

My friend, an amazing young woman in sobriety, sends me texts every morning to start my day. Today's message hit home. "Serenity comes when you stop expecting and start accepting." Acceptance.... Here goes: I was born with a facial deformity; being beautiful is out of the question. I can't fill a pre-teens bra; flat chests aren't attractive. I've made some horrible, life-altering decisions; I'm where I brought myself. I've hurt my mother and brother beyond repair; there's no way to go back to innocent. I'm mental and crazy; Duh I'm a receptionist at a dead-end job; I get what I settle for. I let anyone have me, whenever they want; I have no self-respect or confidence. I hate who I am; Get over it - you made your bed now lie in it and stop hurting everyone else around you.

2 comments:

  1. You could not be further from the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No!!!! Its the devils lies in your mind!!

    Don't let him fool you...

    You are so very loved!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Thoughts...

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.